After 4 months of Covid-19 lockdown, it has been announced that close contact services like Massage can resume, but with lots of changes and strict health guidelines to adhere to.
A quick update, over the past year, Chris has been working very hard completing a degree level qualification in Soft Tissue Therapy. Chris and Meridian Massage, have just been named winners of the Corporate Livewire Prestige Award ‘Massage Specialist of South England 2020’ for on-going work with clients and achievements this past year. On restarting at the Clinic post-Covid-19 lockdown we will be working on moving into our new 2nd floor suite and offering all the therapies that we offer in more space and with fitness and rehab facilities.
What can I expect? or what’s new within a session?
Chances are that if you’ve seen Chris previously for Sports Massage, you will have most likely experienced a few of the advanced techniques he uses. However, if you have previously seen Chris for Deep Tissue Massage, Lymphatic Drainage Massage or Holistic Massage – not to worry every session is adapted and tailored to the client’s needs– as Soft Tissue Therapy encompasses all these modalities within it and much more, so you can still experience a massage that you’ll love only it’s intention will be more remedial and managed in a more clinical fashion.
Clinical Massage & Soft Tissue Therapy is our new specialism that treats clients with musculoskeletal pain or dysfunction caused by any of life’s stresses. Although sport can be a common factor with many clients, it’s far from being the main issue we deal with, as postural alignment can also play a large part in today’s fast paced desk job society.
Due to the ‘fix it’ clinical nature of this style of massage, there will be postural assessments, myo-skeletal alignment, joint assessments, functional muscle testing built into a massage session. We will assess-treat-and assess again, this is not necessarily a lay down and go to sleep, relaxing style of massage, often active movement is required on the client’s part as he will target the real source of dysfunction, including: Injury assessment, Advanced treatment techniques.
After a massage treatment in the fullness of time, we will also demonstrate remedial exercise and provide advice to enhance recovery, prevent future injury, improve posture and functionality. Currently, due to Covid-19 restrictions we must limit time spent ‘talking’ in the treatment room, so we have chosen to provide your stretches and remedial exercise via email when we get to a computer at the end of the day, that way we can tailor and send a file to you with specific rehab instructions to follow before you next massage session. It will include with diagrams, photos, videos and explanations of the movements and stretches.
What post-Covid-19 changes can I expect to see at the clinic?
As with all health practitioners in this post-covid-19 era, there is a need to manage the potential risk to clients and therapist whilst engaging in manual therapies, therefore government guidelines insist that treatment times be kept to a minimum.
All our Therapy sessions will now be capped at 45mins, so to be compliant with keeping time spent together in the treatment room to a minimum. The cost for sessions will be charged at £45 and should be pre-paid on booking using the link sent by email to minimalise any unnecessary time waiting around in reception after your treatment. If you usually have longer sessions with us, then simply please book more frequently as per the therapists suggestion after treatment, rest assured you will always receive the same targeted, tailored care you always have and more besides as Soft Tissue Therapy also includes other modalities only previously offered separately, and now these can be incorporated at the therapists discretion, at no extra cost, including: Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilisation (IASTM), Dry Cupping, Hammer Therapy, Sports Taping and Dry Needling.
The new rules
Chris and all therapists will be wearing PPE as current guidelines require. The treatment room will need to be kept sparse of soft furnishings and unnecessary objects, including the massage table (couch) that will need to have a waterproof cover and be sanitized between clients.
· If you are considered ‘High Risk’ please mention it in your consultation form and again on the pre-screening form, we will review prior to treatment.
· The clinic will only be allowing one client in at a time, at the moment, unless a chaperone is required, they must also be pre-screened at least 48 hours before
· All clients are asked, upon arrival, to verbally agree to the terms as detailed in the Pre-screen form, that your circumstances have not changed.
· You will be temperature checked with a laser thermometer, asked to sanitize your hands, put on a mask, if not already wearing one, prior to be granted entry. You will need to wear a mask during the session also unless prone (face down) or having difficulty breathing.
· Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment (otherwise you will be waiting outside) and please keep your distance from other clients upon entering and exiting our premises.
· The use of towels/drapes will be kept to a minimum for now, and everything must be single use. We often able to work through clothing, but It is advised that if you turn up in your suit or smart work clothes or jeans etc, that you bring something to change into; small shorts/leggings or bikini for ladies is preferred and boxers/boardshorts for men will be fine.
· All furniture will be protected with single use plastic covering
· Please be extra vigilant on your way to our premises, minimise use of public transport, where possible and please touch as little as you can on your journey to and within our practice.
· Please keep 2 metres from our reception desk, and any other people, abiding by the adjusted layout
· Please follow all guidance of our staff and therapists prior to, during and after your appointment
· We are not supplying water, so please plan to drink before and after your treatment, being careful of not touching your face mask
· Please inform us immediately should your circumstances change between booking and attending your appointment. We will follow up with you afterwards, please inform us if you feel you develop concerning symptoms so we may report back to our clients, staff and health and safety representatives regarding Track and Trace.
It’s good to get back working again, and many thanks for patience and loyalty as we all muddle through this together. Likely to be busy this next month rescheduling existing cancelled appointments from March-April and booking in all the requests since. We will work hard to get you booked in throughout August and September.
As always feel free to contact Chris directly via this website: www.meridianmassage.co.uk or Facebook: meridianmassagecouk to discuss any covid-19 related concerns or if you have a specific question regarding your massage session.